Friday, May 14, 2010

My Daugher-In-Law And The First Lady





When I see the First Lady digging in the dirt, and vegetables growing green and lush, right there in the middle of Washington D.C. known more for its ugly political infighting and powerful careers than peaceful vegetable plots - and then see hoards of children planting, and suddenly chopping vegetables in the White House kitchen - I feel the world - even Washington D. C. - is still a wonderful place. And I think of my daughter-in-law at home with her toddlers, weeding the vegetable garden with her two helpers before it's time to make dinner for such hungry little gardeners - who turn into enthusiastic cooks once you trade them their shovels for their cooking spoons. Simple things like this make life rich, and a great joy.

No comments: