Sunday, March 28, 2010

"Here You Are" On TV - today, and again, on Monday, March 29, 2PM

Today I found out about the Kennedy Krieger Institute and its amazing children's clinic in Baltimore. The National Geographic Channel was airing a documentary in its Rare Anatomy series, to be rebroadcast on Monday at 2PM Salt Lake City time.

It is a documentary about bone diseases, staring a very cute, and brave little boy named Jake suffering from Brittle Bone Disease. The trailer in the above link does not include the scene that shows Here You Are. The full documentary wmay eventually be posted by NGC on its video collection site, other wise the DVD can be ordered here. Buying this DVD I understand helps fund research and treatment for this disease.

The severity of diseases endured by so many of our children in our national children's clinics, the courage and patience of their parents, their doctors, and their caretakers are humbling to watch. If you have been following this blog you know that Here You Are has being donated to many children's hospitals from the beginning. I had not heard yet of the Kennedy Krieger Institute, though.

Imagine my surprise when my daughter called this morning informing me that she and her boyfriend who were watching this documentary, suddenly noticed Here You Are right there on TV! I will have to ask my math wizard sons about the chances of that happening, and then the chances of one of us coming across it on TV. These are the things that strike me as "miracles".

Knowing that Here You Are is finding its way to these brave parents and children warms my heart no end.

No comments: