Thursday, May 10, 2007

Nice Lady buys HYR

Today I had to go to get business papers filed. The clerk at the Civic Center, a beautiful lady with gorgeous skin and very loving eyes, was marrying a young oriental couple before it was my turn. Here this shy, young couple was taking this important step, and just like my husband and I, over thirty years ago, was trying to pretend nothing was happening - until the big day ahead, with family and friends. But I could swear I heard their hearts pounding.

When it was my turn everything felt so mundane. But I had brought along a copy of Here You Are, and the lady bought it for her two daughters. "The ultimate truth - I have always wondered about that", she said. "The girls ask me those questions all the time." I told her the answers were between the lines.

No comments: